Wyoming Boat Transport
Wyoming Boat Transporters have to follow the Wyoming state DOT regulations at all times. Requirements for over size boats:
- When transporting a boat in Wyoming the hours of operation are regulated. Generally the hours of operation are one half hour before sunrise to one half hour after sunset.
- Any boat over 8’6” wide must have a permit issued by the state. Permits are to be picked up at the ports of entry. Be sure to have FEIN and IRP# on file in advance. Keep in mind that some cities and metropolitan areas may require additional permits.
- Any boat over 14’ wide will require an escort(s) on primary and secondary highways
- Any boat over 15’ wide will require an escort(s) on interstate highways
- Any load that can be reduced to legal, 13’6”, must be done so prior to transport
- Travel restrictions may apply on federal and state holidays.
For more info visit Wyoming DOT at http://www.dot.state.wy.us/home.html
**This information is being provided as a helpful guide to assist you in the transport of your vessel. Some of the information may have changed or been updated, so check local and state regulations to ensure accuracy. For your convenience we have listed a website for additional information.
Boat Transport Pros