West Virginia Boat Transport
West Virginia Boat Transporters have to follow the West Virginia state DOT regulations at all times. Requirements for over size boats:
- When transporting a boat in West Virginia the hours of operation are regulated. Generally the hours of operation are sunrise to sunset.
- Any boat over 8’6” wide must have a permit issued by the state. You will need 1 full day in advance to plan. Be sure to have insurance on file prior to ordering online. Allow at least 24 hours for permit. Keep in mind that some cities and metropolitan areas may require additional permits.
- On 2-lane highways any boat over 12’ wide will require two escorts; any boat over 15’ wide will require three escorts
- On 4 or more lane highways any boat over 12’ wide will require one escort; any boat over 14’ will require two escorts; any boat over 15’ will require three escorts
- A height pole is required for any load over 15’
- Any load that can be reduced to legal, 13’6”, must be prior to transport.
- Travel restrictions may apply on federal and state holidays.
For more info visit West Virginia DOT at http://www.wvdot.com/
**This information is being provided as a helpful guide to assist you in the transport of your vessel. Some of the information may have changed or been updated, so check local and state regulations to ensure accuracy. For your convenience, we have listed a website for additional information.
Boat Transport Pros