Virginia Boat Transport
Virginia Boat Movers and Boat Transporters have to follow the Virginia state DOT regulations at all times. Requirements for over size boats:
For Boat haulers in Virginia, the hours of operation are regulated. Generally the hours of operation are one-half hour after sunrise to one-half hour before sunset.
- Virginia Yacht transportation requires any boat over 8’6” wide must have a permit issued by the state.
- Allow at least 24 hours prior to transport to obtain a permit.
- Any boat over 10’ wide will require an escort on 2 or 3 lane roads.
- A height pole is required for any load over 15’.
- Any load that can be reduced to legal, 13’6”, must be prior to boat transport.
- Travel is NOT permitted on Sunday and restrictions may apply on federal and state holidays.
Virginia Boat Haulers and boat owners - for more info visit Virginia DOT at http://www.virginiadot.org/
Boat Transport Pros
Va Beach | Norfolk | Portsmouth | Chesapeake | Newport News | Hampton | Williamsburg | Yorktown | Jamestown | Smithfield | Poquoson | Charles City | Claremont | Cape Charles | Irvington | Deltaville | Port Royal | Matthews | Cheriton | Chincoteague Island | Assateague isIand | Essex | Onancock | Wachapreague | Tangier | Clarksville | Gasburg | Northshore | Westlake Corner | Union Hall | Lewiston | Belmont | Shenandoah | Elkton | Harpers Ferry | Front Royal | Woodstock | Luray
ICW | Atlantic Ocean | Chesapeake Bay | Currituck Sound | Back Bay | Rudee’s Inlet | Shenandoah River | Potomac River | James River | Rappahannock River | Drummond Lake | Lake Moomaw | Smith Mountain Lake | New River | Elizabeth River | Nansemond River | Blackwater River | Goose Creek | Potomac Creek | Goose Falls | Nottoway River | Rivanna River |