Vermont Boat Transport
Vermont Boat Transporters have to follow the Vermont state DOT regulations at all times. Requirements for over size boats:
- When transporting a boat in Vermont the hours of operation are regulated. Generally the hours of operation are one-half hour after sunrise to one-half hour before sunset.
- Any boat over 8’6” wide must have a permit issued by the state and permit service is required. Keep in mind that some cities and metropolitan areas may require additional permits.
- Any boat over 12’ wide will require an escort(s)
- A height pole may be required for any load over 14’
- Any load that can be reduced to legal, 13’6”, must be prior to transport.
- Travel restrictions may apply on federal and state holidays.
For more info visit Vermont DOT at http://www.aot.state.vt.us/
**This information is being provided as a helpful guide to assist you in the transport of your vessel. Some of the information may have changed or been updated, so check local and state regulations to ensure accuracy. For your convenience we have listed a website for additional information.
Boat Transport Pros