Utah Boat Transport
Utah Boat Transporters have to follow the Utah state DOT regulations at all times. Requirements for over size boats:
- When transporting a boat in Utah the hours of operation are regulated. Generally, the hours of operation are a one-half hour after sunrise to one-half hour before sunset.
- Any boat over 8’6” wide must have a permit issued by the state. Keep in mind that some cities and metropolitan areas may require additional permits.
- Any boat over 12’ wide will require an escort on 2-lane highways and 14’ wide on interstates
- Any boat over 14’ wide will require two escorts on 2-lane highways and 16’ wide on interstates
- A height pole is required for any load over 16’
- Any load that can be reduced to legal, 13’6”, must be prior to transport.
- Travel restrictions may apply on federal and state holidays.
For more info visit Utah DOT at http://www.sr.ex.state.ut.us/
**This information is being provided as a helpful guide to assist you in the transport of your vessel. Some of the information may have changed or been updated, so check local and state regulations to ensure accuracy. For your convenience, we have listed a website for additional information.
Boat Transport Pros