Tennessee Boat Transport
Tennessee Boat Transporters have to follow the Tennessee state DOT regulations at all times. Requirements for over size boats:When transporting a boat in Tennessee the hours of operation are regulated. Generally the hours of operation are one-half hour after sunrise to one-half hour before sunset.
- Any boat over 8’6” wide must have a permit issued by the state and permit service is required. Allow at least 24 hours prior to transport to obtain a permit. Keep in mind that some cities and metropolitan areas may require additional permits.
- Any boat over 10’ wide will require an escort
- Any boat over 14’ wide will require two escorts
- A height pole is required for any load over 15’
- Any load that can be reduced to legal, 13’6”, must be prior to transport.
- Travel restrictions may apply on federal and state holidays.
For more info visit Tennessee DOT at http://www.tdot.state.tn.us/
Boat Transport Pros