Pennsylvania Boat Transport
Pennsylvania Boat Transporters have to follow the Pennsylvania state DOT regulations at all times. Requirements for over size boats:
- When transporting a boat in Pennsylvania, the hours of operation are regulated. Generally the hours of operation are sunrise to sunset in non-urbanized areas. Urbanized areas travel restrictions are shown on form M-938.
- Any boat over 8’6” wide must have a permit issued by the state. Permit service is required and the PA Turnpike must be contacted for a separate permit.Allow at least 24 hours prior to transport to obtain a permit. Keep in mind that some cities and metropolitan areas may require additional permits.
- All escorts must have liability insurance in the combined amount of $1million.
- Any boat over 13’ wide will require escort.
- A height pole is required on any load over 14’6”
- Any load that can be reduced to legal, 13’6”, must be done so prior to transport.
- Travel is NOT permitted on Sunday and restrictions may apply on federal and state holidays.
For more info visit Pennsylvania DOT at http://www.dot.state.pa.us/
**This information is being provided as a helpful guide to assist you in the transport of your vessel. Some of the information may have changed or been updated, so check local and state regulations to ensure accuracy. For your convenience we have listed a website for additional information.
Boat Transport Pros