Ohio Boat Transport
Ohio Boat Transporters have to follow the Ohio state DOT regulations at all times. Requirements for over size boats:
- When transporting a boat in Ohio, the hours of operation are regulated. Generally the hours of operation are one-half hour after sunrise to one-half hour before sunset.
- Any boat over 8’6” wide must have a permit issued by the state and permit service is required. Allow at least 24 hours prior to transport to obtain a permit. Keep in mind that some cities and metropolitan areas may require additional permits.
- Any boat over 13’ wide will require one escort.
- Any boat over 14’6” will require two escorts.
- A height pole is required on any load over 14’6”
- Any load that can be reduced to legal, 13’6”, must be done so prior to transport.
- Travel is NOT permitted on Sunday and restrictions may apply on federal and state holidays.
For more info visit Ohio Dot at http://www.dot.state.oh.us/
**This information is being provided as a helpful guide to assist you in the transport of your vessel. Some of the information may have changed or been updated, so check local and state regulations to ensure accuracy. For your convenience we have listed a website for additional information.
Boat Transport Pros