Louisiana Boat Transport
Louisiana Boat Transporters and yacht transportation companies have to follow the Louisiana state DOT regulations at all times. Requirements for over size boats:
- When boat haulers in Louisiana are operating the hours of operation are regulated. Generally the hours of operation are one half hour before sunrise to one half hour after sunset.
- Any boat over 8’6” wide must have a permit issued by the state and a permit service is required. Keep in mind that some cities and metropolitan areas may require additional permits.
- Any boat over 12’ wide will require an escortfor all boat movers.
- Any load that can be reduced to legal, 13’6”, must be done so prior to boat transport.
- Travel restrictions may apply on federal and state holidays.
For more info visit Louisiana DOT at http://www.dotd.state.la.us/
**This information is being provided as a helpful guide to assist you in the transport of your vessel. Some of the information may have changed or been updated, so check local and state regulations to ensure accuracy. For your convenience we have listed a website for additional information. Check with your Louisiana Boat Transportation company for rules and regulations.
Boat Transport Pros
Bodies of Water
Gulf of Mexico | Mississippi River | Spanish Lake | Sabine River | Cross Lake | Cane River Lake | Bayou Teche | Lake Pontchartrain | Chandler Sound | White Lake | Grand Lake | Calcasieu Lake | Bayou Lafourche | Boeuf River | Lake Cataouatche | Atchafalaya Basin | Ouachita River |
Sabine | New Orleans | Houma | Baton Rouge | Bayou Vista | Morgan City | Mandeville | Lacomb | Akers | Kenner | Slidell | Madisonville | Metairie