Kentucky Boat Transport
Kentucky Boat Transporters have to follow the Kentucky state DOT regulations at all times. Requirements for over size boats:
- When transporting a boat in Kentucky the hours of operation are regulated. Generally the hours of operation are one half hour before sunrise to one half hour after sunset.
- Any boat over 8’6” wide must have a permit issued by the state. Permits are expensive and difficult to obtain. Also, they are often checked so be sure to have your permit in hand. Keep in mind that some cities and metropolitan areas may require additional permits.
- On 2-lane roads two escorts are required on loads greater than 12’ wide
- On 4-lane roads two escorts are required on loads greater than 14’ wide
- A height pole is required for loads over 15’
- Any load that can be reduced to legal, 13’6”, must be done so prior to transport.
- Travel is NOT permitted on Sunday and restrictions may apply on federal and state holidays.
For more info visit Kentucky DOT at http://transportation.ky.gov/Pages/default.aspx
**This information is being provided as a helpful guide to assist you in the transport of your vessel. Some of the information may have changed or been updated, so check local and state regulations to ensure accuracy. For your convenience we have listed a website for additional information.
Boat Transport Pros