Kansas Boat Transport
Kansas Boat Transporters have to follow the Kansas state DOT regulations at all times. Requirements for over size boats:
- When transporting a boat in Kansas the hours of operation are regulated. Generally the hours of operation are one half hour before sunrise to one half hour after sunset.
- Any boat over 8’6” wide must have a permit issued by the state. Keep in mind that some cities and metropolitan areas may require additional permits.
- On all highways fewer than 4 lanes two escorts are required on loads greater than 14’ wide
- On highways consisting of 4 lanes or more a rear escort is required for super loads. All other types of loads shall not require escorting
- Any load that can be reduced to legal, 13’6”, must be done so prior to transport.
- Travel is NOT permitted on Sunday and restrictions may apply on federal and state holidays.
For more info visit Kansas DOT at http://www.ksdot.org/
**This information is being provided as a helpful guide to assist you in the transport of your vessel. Some of the information may have changed or been updated, so check local and state regulations to ensure accuracy. For your convenience we have listed a website for additional information.
Boat Transport Pros