Virginia Boat Transport
Virginia Boat Movers and Boat Transporters have to follow the Virginia state DOT regulations at all times. Requirements for over size boats:
For Boat haulers in Virginia, the hours of operation are regulated. Generally the hours of operation are one-half hour after sunrise to one-half hour before sunset.
- Virginia Yacht transportation requires any boat over 8’6” wide must have a permit issued by the state.
- Allow at least 24 hours prior to transport to obtain a permit.
- Any boat over 10’ wide will require an escort on 2 or 3 lane roads. .
- A height pole is required for any load over 15’.
- Any load that can be reduced to legal, 13’6”, must be prior to boat transport.
- Travel is NOT permitted on Sunday and restrictions may apply on federal and state holidays.
Virginia Boat Haulers and boat owners - for more info visit Virginia DOT at http://www.virginiadot.org/
**This information is being provided as a helpful guide to assist you in the transport of your vessel. Some of the information may have changed or been updated, so check local and state regulations to ensure accuracy. For your convenience we have listed a website for additional information.
Boat Transport Pros
Flagship Boat Transport Service areas and Bodies of Water:
Va Beach | Norfolk | Portsmouth | Chesapeake | Newport News | Hampton | Williamsburg | Yorktown | Jamestown | Smithfield | Poquoson | Charles City | Claremont | Cape Charles | Irvington | Deltaville | Port Royal | Matthews | Cheriton | Chincoteague Island | Assateague isIand | Essex | Onancock | Wachapreague | Tangier | Clarksville | Gasburg | Northshore | Westlake Corner | Union Hall | Lewiston | Belmont | Shenandoah | Elkton | Harpers Ferry | Front Royal | Woodstock | Luray
ICW | Atlantic Ocean | Chesapeake Bay | Currituck Sound | Back Bay | Rudee’s Inlet | Shenandoah River | Potomac River | James River | Rappahannock River | Drummond Lake | Lake Moomaw | Smith Mountain Lake | New River | Elizabeth River | Nansemond River | Blackwater River | Goose Creek | Potomac Creek | Goose Falls | Nottoway River | Rivanna River |