North Dakota Boat Transport
North Dakota Boat Transporters have to follow the North Dakota state DOT regulations at all times. Requirements for over size boats:
- When transporting a boat in North Dakota the hours of operation are regulated. Generally the hours of operation are one half hour before sunrise to one half hour after sunset.
- Any boat over 8’6” wide must have a permit issued by the state. You may call 701-328-1642. Keep in mind that some cities and metropolitan areas may require additional permits.
- On 2-lane highways an escort is required for any load over 14’6”, on 4-lane highways there is no requirement
- Any boat over 16’ wide will require an escort(s)
- A height pole may be required on loads over 18’
- Any load that can be reduced to legal, 13’6”, must be done so prior to transport.
- Travel restrictions may apply on Sundays and federal and state holidays.
For more info visit North Dakota DOT at http://www.dot.nd.gov/
**This information is being provided as a helpful guide to assist you in the transport of your vessel. Some of the information may have changed or been updated, so check local and state regulations to ensure accuracy. For your convenience we have listed a website for additional information.
Boat Transport Pros