Connecticut Boat Transport
Connecticut Boat Haulers Transporters and Transport Companies that transit Connecticut while moving boats up or down the eastern seaboard have some special rules and regulations to contend with.
- During Yacht Transportation in Connecticut over 12 feet wide the operating hours are from Monday through Friday only. Connecticut is one of the only state that has such confining movement hours.
- Loads over 13.5’ wide and 14’ tall may not travel during peak hours and only on TUE, WED, THU. This makes it very difficult to organize your Boat Transport as this means that if Boat Haulers in Connecticut enter the state on Friday, they have to wait till Tuesday to finish transiting the state!
- Any boat over 12 feet wide needs one escort while being transported through Connecticut.
- When transporting a boat over 13.5 tall a pole car is required to run in front of the boat whenever the boat is being transported.
- General hours of operation are from a half hour after sunrise to half an hour before sunset.
For more information on the regulations that pertain to Oversize Boat Transport in the state of Connecticut please view the DOT regulations: http://www.ct.gov/dot/cwp/view.asp?A=1394&Q=259546
**This information is being provided as a helpful guide to assist you in the transport of your vessel. Some of the information may have changed or been updated, so check local and state regulations to ensure accuracy. For your convenience we have listed a website for additional information.
Get to know your boat transporters, make sure they have motor carrier authority and know how to keep your boat legal and therefore safe.
Coastal Cities and bodies of water Flagship Boat Transport services for Connecticut Boat Transportation are listed below.
Boat Transport Pros
Norwalk | Bridgeport | Norwich | Old Saybrook | New Haven | Fairfield | New London | Stonington | Stamford | Greenwich | Rowayton | Westport | Stratford | Milford | West Haven | Branford | Old Lyme | Niantic | East Lyme | Waterford | Mystic | Hartford | Essex | New Fairfield | Westbrook | Groton | Griswold | Middletown | Haddam | Long Wharf |
Bodies of Water
Atlantic Ocean | Candlewood Lake | Bantam Lake | Connecticut River | Thames River | Lake Gaillard | Housatonic River | Shetucket River | QuinebaugRiver | lake Lillinonah | Lake Zoar | Norwalk River | Hop Brook Lake | Farmington River | Lake Chaffee | Squantz Pond State Park | Gardner Lake | Twin Lakes | Mashapaug Lake | Scantic River | Crystal Lake | Saugatuck Reservoir | Mystic River | Lake Waramaug State Park | Five Mile River | Pawcatuck River | Lake Beseck|