Colorado Boat Transport
Colorado Boat Transporters have to follow the Colorado state DOT regulations at all times. Requirements for over size boats:
- When transporting a boat in Colorado the hours of operation are 24/7. Night time travel may have special requirements.
- Any boat over 8’6” wide must have a permit issued by the state. Allow at least 24 hours prior to transport to obtain a permit. Keep in mind that some cities and metropolitan areas may require additional permits.
- Loads which exceed 17’ wide must submit application at least 1 week prior to move date
- Any boat over 11’ wide requires an escort
- A height pole is required on loads over 16’
- Any load that can be reduced to legal, 13’6”, must be done so prior to transport.
- Travel is NOT permitted on Sunday and restrictions may apply on federal and state holidays.
For more info visit https://www.codot.gov/
**This information is being provided as a helpful guide to assist you in the transport of your vessel. Some of the information may have changed or been updated, so check local and state regulations to ensure accuracy. For your convenience we have listed a website for additional information.
Boat Transport Pros