Massachusetts Boat Transport
Massachusetts Boat Transporters have to follow the Massachusetts state DOT regulations at all times. Requirements for over size boats:
Massachusetts Boat Haulers and a boat transport company have to follow the Massachusetts state DOT regulations at all times. Requirements for over size boats:
Boat Haulers in Massachusetts must operate during the hours of operation are regulated. Generally the hours of operation are from sunrise to sunset. Massachusetts has many turnpike and toll restrictions, for travel times and sizes contact Mass Turnpike (781)431-5000
Any boat over 8’6” wide must have a permit issued by the state and it may be ordered on line. Allow at least 24 hours prior to transport to obtain a permit. Keep in mind that some cities and metropolitan areas may require additional permits for yacht transportation.
- Any boat over 12’ wide will require an escort during boat transport
- On MA Turnpikes, any boat over 12’ wide will require one escort and two escorts on 13’ wide and greater
- A height pole is required on loads over 15’
- Any load that can be reduced to legal, 13’6”, must be done so prior to transport.
- Travel restrictions may apply on federal and state holidays.
For more info visit Massachusetts DOT at http://www.massdot.state.ma.us/main/main.aspx
**This information is being provided as a helpful guide to assist you in the transport of your vessel. Some of the information may have changed or been updated, so check local and state regulations to ensure accuracy. For your convenience we have listed a website for additional information.
Boat Transport Pros